9.28.2012

#myfavfriday Kuta Software Presentation View


I discovered this week that my Kuta software has a presentation view. You can show anywhere from 1-4 problems, with or without lines, and with or without answers. You can even zoom in!



This is so perfect. Now anytime a lesson runs short, I can just throw up some problems and use my ZAP! review game or math poker for extra practice. I don't need to make fancy powerpoints (although I'm sure I still will) because this works just as well with no help from me. Excitation!

Also, I found some cute folders at Wal-Mart, 3 for $1.00. I labeled them Algebra I, Algebra II, and Geometry. I'm keeping my originals and answer keys for the day in order to train myself to put them into my binder at the end of the day. Kinda sad that I need a folder to remind me to put it in a binder, but hey, whatever works. I had papers flying around like crazy and clutter makes me crazy.



I also used two folders for retakes; one for the forms the students fill out and one for the actual retake, which I grade, show to the student, and keep in my own files.



I'm happy to report that I've had 6 students do retakes which is about 10% of my total student population. One student's grade went down, one stayed the same, and the other four went up.

Interesting...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I use Presentation View all the time in math support class and I need those folders because my desk is a mess with papers that I need to file. Off to Dollar Tree I go.....

    ReplyDelete