I am keeping mental math Monday because I loved it and it's already set up.
The rest I'm kind of copying of my friend Lisa's post and my friend Brooke's ideas smashed together with mine.
Here's the plan:
- Monday- Mental Math Monday improves listening skills, memory, and number sense
- Tuesday- Talking Points because students practicing listening to each other will seep into every lesson, every day. It can be used as a tool to develop their growth mindset and, bring out and clarify misconceptions.
- Wednesday- Estimation low entry point, builds number sense & measurement
- Thursday- Visual Patterns develop algebraic reasoning skills, applies to visual learners
- Friday- My Favorite No error analysis, clarify misconceptions, share student work
Here's the template:
I made it a pdf so it would be pretty with my fun fonts but it still isn't as pretty as the real thing. So just go ahead and download or get the Word file here.
And then students have the option for Friday letters!